Thursday, August 15, 2013

Pool towel clothesline...



I was in need for a clothesline for my pool towels and swimsuits this summer but here in Oklahoma it is very windy and I was not quite interested in digging holes and pour concrete. But if I was to put up a free standing line it would blow over. So this is what I came up with. We have a wood privacy fence and its not in the best shape and I knew we would be replacing it soon so whatever I was to do would have to be removable. So here's what I did, I went to the pluming department at Lowes.  

I attached a plumbing flange to the fence posts. 
I screwed in the adapter. Make sure you have the correct sizes. 
I then slipped on the elbow again check you sizes. And I did this on both ends. 
 Then I attached the PVC pipe in the same size as the elbow. But once I did this I knew I would have to attached anther flange to the middle. So to do this I found the middle of the pipe attached a flange, fitting, extension (which was oh a cutting from the PVC pipe to the correct length), and then attached the T fitting. I also had to cut the PVC pipe to make room for the T joint fitting.
Which looks like this. 
Ta da! I have a clothesline that can be removed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment